Monday, January 2, 2012

Orientation

As we're no longer in the wild west days of blogging (you know, when you'd never, ever meet one of your readers in person without a government-standard background check, and even if you didn't have any animated gifs on your page, you knew someone who did) I'll spare you the "Hello, world!" post and the protracted statement of purpose. Succinctly, here it is: I want to know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff. I checked around a bit, and no one's offering "A Lot of Stuff" as a major at any of the community colleges around here (besides which, have you $een the price$ for college the$e day$??), so here I am. Me 'n the internet, off to see the world.

So, "university" because we'll be learning stuff, and "fifth floor" because...well, reasons to be revealed in time, I suppose. I came up with a basic list of stuff I want to learn, but I'm not promising to stick with it at all. Here it is, in all its eclectic glory, ready to be left by the wayside like so many blogs are...the syllabus!

1. Wood inlay
2. Spanish
3. Glass blowing
4. More German
5. Physiology
6. Knit gloves
7. Bird biology
8. Greenscreens
9. Excel programming
10. More Hindi
11. More Photoshop/Illustrator
12. Container gardening
13. Watchmaking
14. Bike mechanics/repair

I'll add and delete things as I come across them, hopefully with plenty of photos and documentation along the way. I have a sort of nebulous idea that this is a year-long blogging project. We'll see if that pans out.

It feels good to be a freshman again.

No comments:

Post a Comment